We are mission-driven hackers, over-thinkers, engineers, problem-solvers, mischief-makers, and most importantly - we’re excited about pushing the limits of technology to solve some of healthcare’s biggest challenges. Come join our team!
Who is TAFi?
TAFi’s mission is to reshape the way healthcare data is accessed, stored, and exchanged. Our goal is to deploy the fastest online platform for the exchange of protected patient health information so that innovators can bring their products to market more efficiently. With a data model that supports real-time blending, aggregating, and normalization of clinical data from any source, TAFi allows stakeholders to make better patient-facing decisions and technology builders to accelerate their go-to-market. TAFi was built by patients and with patients in mind -- we’re here to liberate the data and make care more efficient and better for everyone.
What we offer
- Competitive salary including stock incentives
- 100% remote work — TAFi offers unparalleled autonomy
- Unlimited vacation policy
- Educational stipend (to spend on something that’ll make you better so that you can make us better)
- Flexible work schedules with a serious-but-relaxed work environment
The TAFi interview process
TAFi prides itself on three cultural values: accountability, transparency, and integrity. We operate at the speed of startup but conduct a thorough evaluation process for every team member we hire. For this role, you can expect: 1) a screening call with one of our operations team members; 2) a technical interview with our CTO; 3) a conversation with another technical team member; and lastly, 4) a final conversation with our cofounding team.
Lead Software Developer
What’s the role?
TAFi is looking for a passionate technology expert to own development responsibilities across all areas of TAFi’s product development. The primary focus of this role will be detailed software design, pair-programming code with unit tests to implement the design, and enterprise architecture integration. Candidates will be responsible for the analysis of business, engineering, and scientific problems, as well as the documentation and development of well-defined methods, procedures, and programs in the delivery of practical systems solutions. Candidates with experience developing for the healthcare industry would be preferred. TAFi is building out a world-class, enterprise-level B2B technology, and we’re excited to add a teammate who is ready to take the challenge head-on. The Lead Software Engineer will report to the CTO, manage direct reports, and collaborate with VP Product/Customer Success to allocate resources to deliver products to clients and schedule code releases that align product engineering and design with business and marketing objectives. The ideal candidate should also be excited to represent our team everywhere and evangelize the TAFi product from industry conferences to the board room.
Bonus points: Experience launching and managing global development teams.
3+ years Java, C, C++ experience
An understanding of node.JS or other backend JS language
3+ years experience with Database architecture (SQL and NoSQL data models - Cassandra, Spark, ElasticSearch)
Working familiarity with scripting languages (ie - Python)
Working familiarity with statistical languages (ie - R)
Bonus: Healthcare and/or IoT experience
Lending your software architecture skills across the engineering team to help identify opportunities for code consolidation and improvement
Reviewing pull requests, troubleshooting tough development issues, and fostering our pair-programming and team-wide knowledge sharing efforts
Developing and maintaining code standards and holding us accountable to them
Aiding our software engineering recruiting efforts and working with the talent team to refine our hiring processes and standards
SENIOR Backend (Java) Developer
What’s the role?
We are looking for a sharp, forward-thinking Lead Backend Java Developer to join our team. In this position, you'll be designing new platform improvements and helping clients with existing solutions while setting the standard for health IT interoperability.
What you’ll be doing:
- Designing and building large-scale databases
- Creating reusable code and libraries for future use
- Optimizing the application for maximum speed and scalability
- Implementing security and data protection
- Managing, collaborating with, and supporting your team
- 10+ years of programming and database experience with a strong knowledge of Java and moderate experience with Spring (Scala too!)
- Experience leading small-to-mid size teams, participating in scoping and managing projects until they ship
- Familiarity with developing using database technologies like Apache Cassandra, mySQL, noSQL, Spark, HDFS, Meso, and Hadoop
- 5+ years of Healthcare IT industry knowledge is required (HIPAA, HITECH, FHIR, HL7, C-CDA, etc.)
Extra points for…
- Knowledge of hospital workflow or EMR programming preferred (CCL, clinical workflows, CPOE, etc.)
- Previous experience or employment with an EMR vendor or HCIT
Send your resume and 3 sentences telling us why we should hire you for this role using the form below. If you’re excited about something you’ve built, send us a demo/Github and you’re one step closer to an interview. Don't see your perfect role listed? Send us a message anyway and use "Other" when you're asked to specify a position.